Activities of the College (From September 2017)
- Fresher’s Welcome (9th September, 2017): The Fresher’s Welcome was held on 9th September, 2017 with the glorious presence of Swami Bishwatmanandaji Maharaj, the Hon’ble Secretary of Bharat Sevashram Sangha, as the Chief Guest. The students, the teachers and the members of the non-teaching staff of this college were deeply moved by the generous personality of this internationally famous persona. Hon’ble Maharaj was accompanied by Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj, the respected Principal of the Kakdwip Lot 8 branch of Bharat Sevashram Sangha. Sri Parameswar Mandal, the famous educationist of Namkhana, along with Sri Akhiles Barui, another eminent figure of Namkhana (the member of the Governing Body of this college from 25th November, 2017 to 1st April, 2022) were also present in that programme.
- Beach Clean-up Day (15th September, 2017): The students of this college, led by Dr. Kavita Sarkar, the Assitant Professor in the Department of Education, participated in the Beach Clean-up Day on 15.09.2017, organized by the Coastal Guard Department in Namkhana. The enthusiasm shown by the students in participating in this programme was noticeable.
- ASSER (Annual Status of Education Report, Rural, 2017) Survey (7-11th November, 2017): ASSER survey was done in only two higher educational institutions in West Bengal: Jadavpur University and Sibani Mandal Mahavidyalaya. The survey was organized by the ASSER centre, New Delhi, to attempt an appraisal of the present condition of academic performances of the students of Primary and Secondary levels. The students of our college made this survey hugely successful by travelling through at least thirty villages in the South 24 Parganas.
- Beach Clean-up Day (15th September, 2018): Just like the previous year, the students of this college participated in this programme arranged by the coastal area of Bakkhali, and made this a grand success.
- The Conference to Celebrate the Birth Anniversary of Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar (26th September, 2018): A seminar was arranged by the Department of Bengali, in association with the NSS unit of this college, to celebrate the birth anniversary of Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar ion 26th September, 2018. The title of the conference was: ‘The Contribution of Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar in Making Modern India’. The students of this college enthusiastically participated in this conference and presented some interesting and thought-provoking papers in this occasion. The entire programme was presided over by Dr. Bibha Goswami, the Head of the Department of Bengali, Sagar Mahavidyalaya. The revered Swami Barananandaji Mahraj, the Principal of Ramakrishna Mission, Manasadwip, was the Chief Guest of this programme. It was the first ever academic conference arranged in this college since its inception.
- ASSER (Annual Status of Education Report, Rural, 2018) Survey (26-29th September, 2018): Just like previous year, the students of this college made this programme a huge success by travelling and surveying through fifteen villages in Sagar, Canning, Namkhana and other areas of South 24 Parganas.
- The Workshop arranged by the Coastal Guard (11th January, 2019): A workshop was arranged in this college by the department of Bakkhali Coastal Guards with the definite purpose of making the students aware of the activities as well as duties of the Coastal guards. The students were hugely benefitted by participating in this relevant programme arranged in this college which is geographically situated by the coast of Namkhana.
- The Conference arranged in the occasion of the Republic Day (26th January, 2019): A Conference was arranged in college premises in the occasion of the Republic Day by the Department of Political Science and NSS unit of this college. The title of the conference was: ‘The Republic Day and the Role of the Students’. A number of students presented papers in that seminar which was chaired by Sri Falguni Mondal, the eminent educationalist in Namkhana. The enthusiastic participation of the students mad the programme a grand success.
- The Procession, protesting against the terrorist attack on the Indian army in Pulwama (18th February, 2019): The students of this college arranged a huge procession against the terrorist attack on the Indian army in Pulwama (14th February, 2019). The students paid respect to the martyrs by garlanding the altar and lighting the candle light.
- International Mother Language Day (21st February, 2019): The Department of Bengali, in association with the IQAC of this college, arranged a huge programme to celebrate the International Mother Language Day in this college. The students eagerly participated in a seminar on that relevant topic. Professor Dr. Sayeedur Rahman, the Hon’ble President of this college and the respected Registrar of Diamond Harbour Women’s University, was felicitated on that occasion of the International Mother Language Day. Sri Bankim Chandra Hazra, the Hon’ble MLA of Sagar Constituency, as well as the Hon’ble member of the Governing Body of the college, was also present in that programme. The programme became a grand success with the glorious presence of Sri Alok Kumar Das, one of the high ranking officials of the Finance Department of the Govt. of West Bengal, and other eminent figures of Namkhana.